In the United States alone, the number of records that have been compromised since February 2005 has ballooned to hundreds of millions. The effects of a publicized security breach are palpable—business’ reputations are dragged through the mud and consumers grow wary that their private data has fallen prey to identity theft and credit fraud. Analysts estimate that the cost to notify victims and remediate impact post breach have increased to almost $200 per compromised record, Now, more than at any other time, it is important to ensure that databases are kept safe and secure.
AppSec provides businesses with the tools they need to effectively and efficiently manage and reduce risk across the enterprise by securing and hardening their databases.
We help more Fortune 1000 and Global 1000 companies manage and reduce their database risk through the consistent application of these steps:
- Establish a security baseline
- Harden databases against known vulnerabilities and exploitation methodologies
- Prioritize vulnerability remediation
- Continuously monitor and maintain systems
- Automate assessment, validation and monitoring activities
- Address vulnerability patching and patch-gap monitoring
- Audit systems regularly and address issues as they arise
- Monitor critical systems in real-time
- Extend traditional security measures directly to the database
- Verify all database access and users without impacting performance
Maintaining security best-practices is not an easy task, but with a well thought out security plan AppSec’s solutions can help keep your organization’s sensitive data out of harm’s way.